Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Long lost friends

This evening I had a great conversation with a friend I had lost contact with years ago. We talked for quite a while and still could barely get off the phone.

It made me think about how much I've changed, or grown, over the past couple of years. I'm proud of the fact that when I reconnect with someone now and we vow to stay in contact, I can actually have faith that I will do that.

I used to accept friendships that didn't organically maintain themselves. If someone didn't ever return my phone calls, I would make excuses for them. I'd also give excuses when I didn't make time to maintain friendships.

Now I feel like a friendship is something that two people maintain. I do have friends who are very busy, who sometimes take a couple of days to get back to me. This never bothers me. I also realize that I don't have to feel guilty for letting go of friendships that no longer work.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment