Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

It all begins tomorrow

Tomorrow begins my challenge for 2010. I started thinking yesterday about where this all will lead. Experience over the past couple of years has shown me that I'm pretty good at goal setting and achieving. It has also shown me that as soon as I reach one goal, I set another one, and begin working towards it with as much doubt and confusion as all of the other ones.

Whether I choose to be optimistic or pessimistic, I have decided that being systematic will help me the
most. I'm going to start with scales and chords, then move to progressions in C, Bb, and Eb. I also want to make sure that I can play out of a fake book with ease by the end of the year.

I will use the next three weeks to learn the fingerings of all the major scales and arpeggios in both hands over two octaves. The book I have breaks them into three groups based on the postion of the fourth finger. Next weeks scales will be C, G, D, A, and E. They all use the fourth finger on the 7th degree of the scale (in the right hand).

Tomorrow I will post the actual breakdown of my practice routine by minutes. I'm going to only do an hour a day at the piano for now, and do additional reading to refresh my memory on theory and harmony.

Tomorrow, Tomorrow. . .


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment