Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Living my truth

While I was at the beauty salon I read an interview of Ellen Degeneres (by Katie Couric). The following part inspired me to write this blog today.

KC: You’re a great role model, because you’ve stayed true to yourself. What advice would you give young women?

ED: Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.


I will confess my truth to the world on this blog. Unfortunately I think only one person actually reads my blog, but it's the thought that counts, right?

I have been working in secret for the past several years on what I believe my soul was put here to do. I want to be a cabaret singer. Not a world famous singer filling stadiums and walking red carpets. Just a person who gets up in front of a piano or a jazz trio and sings songs that show people who I am, and also who they are.

I put a clip on here of my singing. It definitely needs work and I plan on taking lessons this summer. But it's a start, and I feel comfortable enough doing it that I can get through my fear of taking lessons. I really have reached a point where I can't continue trying to teach myself how to sing, but this is how far I've gotten. I want the relief of letting the world know my truth, and I want to move forward living that truth. I am no longer satisfied with singing behind the four walls of my apartment.

So here goes nothing . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment