Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Celebrity Dehydration

Tom Jones cancelled a concert today due to "severe dehydration". He is currently in the hospital in Monaco. In my world, that means a bad hangover.

Maybe he is actually ill, or possibly even ill with something he wants to keep a secret, but I always think back on an article I read a while ago about celebrity "dehydration" and "exhaustion". I can't find that article, but I did find another one here. Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland, Mariah Carey and a long list of others have all been hospitalized for conditions that normal people wouldn't want to waste an insurance claim on. Why don't real people get so exhausted and dehydrated that they need stints in the hospital? We bring bottled water with us and we take naps when necessary.

Tom Jones is too old for me to assume he's using the publicity machine the way today's young starlets do, but it did give me a chuckle to think about the hidden meaning these conditions have in celebrity press releases.

In case you need a refresher on how today's star making machine works, here is a primer...

No comments:

Post a Comment